At The Family Foundation School, high school students are getting the second chances they need to succeed academically…to nurture their talents…to explore their interests…to grow emotionally and spiritually.
- Help for Troubled Teens struggling with alcohol and drug abuse, oppositional defiant behaviors, as well as ADD, ADHD, anger, mood disorders, bulimia, social anxiety and other emotional difficulties.
- Strong 12-Step Program that fosters honesty, unselfishness, responsibility for self and others, and individual spiritual development.
- Rigorous College Preparatory Curriculum with tutoring and other learning support, and honors classes for dual high school/college credit.
- Daily Therapeutic Counseling, plus peer group and family counseling, optional individualized counseling, trauma counseling by a Certified Trauma Specialist, and special support groups facilitated by M.A. level counselors for achieving individualized character education goals.
- Character-building Activities that include interscholastic and intramural sports, horseback riding, dog training, skateboarding and other outdoor activities, award winning journalism, and a nationally recognized fine and performing arts program.
- Nurturing Family Environment that teaches respect for self and others, helping students to build healthy relationships with staff and peers as they repair relationships with their parents and families.
- Accredited by the Joint Commission and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and a charter member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, The Family Foundation School is a private, New York State registered boarding school situated on a scenic 150-acre campus in the western Catskills.
Jeff Brain, MA, CTS, CEP
Director of Admissions &
VP for External Relations
THE FAMILY FOUNDATION SCHOOL
Tele: 607-637-8200 Direct: 607-637-8265
431 Chapel Hill Road, Hancock, NY 13783